ASUS P8P67 Pro LGA 1155 ATX Motherboard Review
Specifications, Layout, Included Extras
|CPU||Intel® Socket 1155 Core™ i5 Processor/Core™ i3 Processor/Core™ i7 Processor/|
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Support Intel® 32nm CPU
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for Intel CPU support list
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs. Some hyper DIMMs only support one DIMM per channel. Please refer to Memory QVL for details.
* Due to CPU behavior, DDR3 2200/2000/1800 MHz memory module will run at DDR3 2133/1866/1600 MHz frequency as default.
4 x DIMM, Max. 32 GB, DDR3 1866(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)*/1600/1333/1066 Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel memory architecture
Please refer to www.asus.com or user manual for Memory QVL.
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
x PCIe 2.0 x16 2 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 * [Black] (max. at x4 mode, compatible with PCIe x1 and x4 devices)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x 1
2 x PCI
*The PCIe x16_3 slot shares bandwidth with PCIe x1_1 slot, PCIe x1_2 slot, USB3_34 and ESATA12. The PCIe x16_3 runs at x1 mode by default for system resource optimization.(PCIe x1_2 will be disabled.)
Supports ATI® Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
4 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports (blue)
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
Marvell® 9120 controller
2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports (navy blue)*
JMicron® JMB362 SATA controller
2 xExternal SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports*
* These SATA ports are for data hard drives only. ATAPI devices are not supported.
ASUS BT GO! Utility
- Absolute Pitch 192khz/24bit True BD Lossless Sound
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection
- DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC
- Supports Jack-Detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Coaxial / Optical S/PDIF out ports at back I/O
- x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports at mid-board for front panel support, 2 ports at back panel (blue))
4 Intel® P67 Express Chipset
- x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)
ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM:
- EPU, EPU switch
- Auto Tuning, TurboV, TPU switch
ASUS Digital Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 12+2 Phase Power Design
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM Utility
ASUS BT GO! (Bluetooth)
- Folder Sync, BT Transfer, Shot & Send, BT to Net, Music Player, Personal Manager, BT Turbo Remote
ASUS Exclusive Features
- AI Suite II
- AI Charger
- Anti Surge
- ASUS EFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution
- ASUS Fanless Design: Stylish Heat-sink solution
- ASUS Fan Xpert
ASUS EZ DIY
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Connector
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- vCore: Adjustable CPU voltage at 0.005V increment
- vCCIO: Adjustable I/O voltage at 0.00625V increment
- vCCSA: 144-step system agent voltage control
- vDRAM Bus: 160-step Memory voltage control
- vPCH: 90-step Chipset voltage control
- vCPU_PLL: 160-step CPU & PCH PLL voltage control
SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection)
- BCLK/PEG frequency tuning from 80MHz up to 300MHz at 0.1MHz increment
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
x PS/2 Keyboard 1 (green)
x PS/2 Mouse 2 (1 x Power eSATA)
x External SATA 2 x S/PDIF Out (1 for Coaxial, 1 for Optical)
1 x IEEE 1394a
1 (Intel® LAN)
x LAN(RJ45) port 6 ports
x USB 2.0/1.1 8 -Channel Audio I/O
1 x Mem OK! Button
8-pin EATX 12V Power connector
1 x TPU switch
1 x EPU switch
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 connector(s) supports additional 2 USB ports (19-pin)
3 x USB 2.0/1.1 connector(s) support additional 6 USB ports
1 x IEEE 1394a connector
x CPU Fan connector 2 (1 x 4-pin; 1 x 3-pin)
x Chassis Fan connector (3-pin)
1 x Power Fan connector 1 x S/PDIF Out connector
24-pin EATX Power connector
Front panel audio connector
System Panel (Q-Connector)
2 x SATA 6.0Gb/s cables
1 x Q-Shield
2 in 1 Q-connector
1 x ASUS USB 3.0 Bracket
1 x ASUS SLI bridge connector
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
ASUS packaged the P8P67 Pro in a distinctive retail box with flashy graphics describing the board's DIGI+VRM "Dual Intelligent Processors" features. They also tout the board's USB 3.0 capabilities and its new EFI BIOS.
The back panel gives users a more in-depth look at the P8P67 Pro's other overclocking and power efficiency features. I like the amount of graphics and information ASUS provides on this page, but the panel looks a bit cluttered because of the amount of content they added. They could have focused on a couple key features and did a better job with the graphics and text.
The P8P67 Pro uses a blue, silver, and black color scheme to give the board an attractive and modern look that many enthusiasts will love. The board layout looks pretty organized, but ASUS has lots of experience putting the right amount of components and hardware together when they are making performance motherboards. One of the best features I can see from this photo is the three PCIe ports that support 16x8x8 through the Intel P67 chipset.
Here's a quick look at the back of the motherboard. It looks like they ran out of space for a couple of the board's components so ASUS added them close to the aluminum CPU backplate at the top of the P8P67 Pro. Nothing else to report here.
The back I/O panel is chalked full of ports and features including six USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit LAN, firewire, two eSATA ports, optical and coaxial S/PDIF out jacks, and 8-channel audio.
As I stated before, the P8P67 Pro has three PCIe (8x8x4), two legacy PCI, and two PCIe x1 slots making this board a highly flexible and lethal SLI or CrossfireX solution for any gamer or enthusiast.
The bottom of the motherboard includes the front audio header, SPDIF out, firewire, and the TPU switch.
ASUS also added three USB 2.0 headers that support six USB 2.0 devices to give users more expandability options for USB 2.0 devices.
Here's a closer look at the Clear BIOS header and standby power LED.
The front panel headers are clearly labeled for easy installation.
The P8P67 Pro supports four SATA 3GB/s devices and two SATA 6GB/s devices via the Intel P67 chipset. ASUS went the extra mile and added a Marvel PCIe SATA 6GB/s controller to give users an additional two SATA 6GB/s ports to work with. The SATA ports controlled through the P67 chipset also supports RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10.
The top-right of the motherboard has an EPU switch and MemOK button for testing memory.
The P8P67 Pro supports up to 32GBs of dual channel DDR3-2200 (OC), 2133 (OC), 1866 (OC), 1600, 1333, 1066 memory. You can also see the blue header that connects the external SATA 6GB/s bracket on the bottom left of the photo above.
The real estate around the CPU socket only has a few power components surrounding the top and left sides. The height of the blue heatsinks over the power components could be an issue for some third-party heatsinks.
ASUS didn't leave users hanging in the accessory department either. They added four SATA cable and an add-on PCI bracket that has two extra USB 3.0 ports that can be accessed through the case's back panel. Very nice.
They also added the usual suspects like an SLI bridge, EZ USB and front panel connectors, and a basic I/O back plate.
Lastly, they added two user manuals for the overall motherboard and the DIGI+ VRM features as well as a driver CD and case badge.