ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 LGA 1155 Motherboard Review
Introduction and Features
Our test bench has seen a flood of Z68-based enthusiast motherboards this fall and ASRock added their flagship Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 board to the top of the pile for testing. The Extreme 7 Gen 3 pulls out all the stops for extreme enthusiasts and ultra overclockers by arming this board with next-gen PCI-E 3.0 support and an NVIDIA NF200 chip to allow users to run dual graphics cards at PCI-E x16/x16 mode and three graphics cards at x16/x8/x8 respectively.
This $275 board brings with it a lot of features that users have been begging for like a graphical Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Intel's Smart Response techology, dual gigabit LAN capabilities, and support for six USB 3.0 and six SATA 3 devices. They also didn't skimp on the power components by adding premium gold caps that are made in Japan and considered by many to be luxury capacitors.
The back I/O panel is also rich with features and support for a variety of different devices. It includes four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, eSATA3, two Gigabit LAN jacks, firewire, clear CMOS button, and a D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, and DisplayPort video options. They also added high-definition audio jacks and an optical SPDIF out port!
- Premium Gold Caps (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Digi Power, Advanced V8 + 4 Power Phase Design
- NVIDIA® NF200 Chip Onboard (Dual VGA cards at PCI-E x16/x16; three VGA cards at x16 / x8 / x8)
- Integrated PLX PEX8608 chip onboard to offer sufficient PCI-E lanes
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slot, 4 PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ and NVIDIA® 3-Way SLI™
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals
- Multi VGA Output : D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort
- Supports Dual LAN with Teaming function
- Dr. Debug, Smart Switch Design: Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED
- Support Intel® Smart Response, Lucid Virtu Switchable Graphics
- Supports ASRock XFast Charger TechnologySupports ASRock XFast USB, XFast LAN Technologies
- Supports ASRock On/Off Play, graphical UEFI, ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU)
- Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio™
Get notified when we go live!