Alienware Aurora mALX 19" Gaming Notebook Review
High Price: Not Available
View Not Available sellers
Introduction and Specifications
This is how the conversation went...
- That looks like an Alienware.
- That's a small one!
- No. It's a notebook inside.
- Oh. That's huge!
... and we were just talking about the box the mALX arrived in too!
Alienware has always been a company that has pushed the edge when it comes to computer systems which is why I wasn't terribly surprised at the size and the unapologetic specifications of the Aurora mALX notebook. The Aurora mALX, Alienware's latest 19" monster, follows in the proud lineage as the m9700 we reviewed back in October with options of SLI, RAID, and other goodies you'd expect from Alienware.
The following are the options you can get on the Alienware Aurora mALX system. Unlike other Alienware systems, the Aurora mALX does not come with a choice of CPU or graphics options. The mALX only comes with a pair of GeForce Go 7900GTXs and an AMD Turion ML-44.
- WindowsÂ® Vista™ Home Premium
- WindowsÂ® Vista™ Ultimate
- WindowsÂ® XP Media Center Edition 2005
- WindowsÂ® XP Professional
- AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Processor (800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
- Nvidia Mobile nForce 4 SLI Chipset
- Starting at 1GB and up to 2GB of DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
- 2 dedicated SO-DIMM slots for Dual-Channel DDR Memory
- Dual Graphics Cards
512MB Nvidia GeForce Go 7900 GTX
- Video out: One DVI Connector
- TV out: One S-Video out connector
- Single Hard Drive
- 4200 RPM — Up to 200GB SATA
- 5400 RPM — Up to 160GB SATA with NCQ
- 7200 RPM - Up to 100GB SATA with NCQ
- Dual Hard Drives in Raid 0
- 4200 RPM - 400GB SATA (2 X 200GB)
- 5400 RPM - Up to 340GB (2 X 120GB)
- 7200 RPM - Up to 200GB (2 X 100GB)
- Optical Drive
- 8x Dual Layer DVDÂ±RW / 24x CD-RW
- Wireless Connectivity
- Internal 802.11b/g Wireless
- Optional Bluetooth
- Wired Connectivity
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45
- Integrated 56K V.92 modem RJ-11
- 4 Speakers with SubWoofer
- 1 headphone jack
- 1 microphone jack
- 5 Hi-speed USB 2.0 ports
- PCMCIA Card Slot
- IEEE 1394a (4-pin) port
- 4-in-1 Memory Card Reader
(SD / MS / MSPRO / MMC)
- 19' Wide Screen WSXGA+ 1680 x 1050
- Full Size Keyboard with Separate Numeric Keypad
- Full Size Touchpad with Scroll Functionality
- Instant Access Buttons include:
- Webcamera Control
- Bluetooth — Enable/Disable
- Exclusive Alienware Design and Color
- Height: 1.4'
- Width: 18.75'
- Depth: 13.5'
- Weight: 15 lbs with battery
- Exotically stylish, airbrushed custom artwork
- AlienwareÂ® Ozma 7™ Headphones with S-Logic™ Technology
- Alienware ALX Aurora mALX Backpack
- Alienware ALX Portfolio
- Alienware ALX Custom Name Plate
- Alienware ALX Felt Cloth
- Alienware ALX Polo Shirt
- Alienware ALX Luggage Tag
- Alienware ALX Keychain
- Alienware ALX Pen
- And much more!