NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB Graphics Card Review - Revised GK106
Pricing and Test Setup
Our performance testing today on the GTX 650 Ti BOOST will be fairly quick and focus on the 1920x1080 testing that I think this class of card will be targeted at.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB - $169
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 1GB OC - $169
- AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB - $184
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB - $149
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB - $229
The specifications for our testing system haven't changed much.
|Test System Setup|
|CPU||Intel Core i7-3960X Sandy Bridge-E|
|Motherboard||ASUS P9X79 Deluxe|
|Memory||Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 16GB|
|Hard Drive||OCZ Agility 4 256GB SSD|
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB
Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 OC 1GB
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD: 13.2 beta 7
NVIDIA: 314.14 beta (GTX 650 Ti BOOST)
NVIDIA: 314.07 beta
|Power Supply||Corsair AX1200i|
|Operating System||Windows 8 Pro x64|
What you should be watching for
- GTX 650 Ti BOOST vs GTX 650 Ti - How much of a performance increase do we see on these two cards that are essentially only identical in name, with the inclusion of GPU Boost, the 192-bit memory bus and high clocks?
- GTX 650 Ti BOOST vs GTX 660 - Can the GTX 650 Ti BOOST compete with the higher priced GTX 660?
- GTX 650 Ti BOOST vs HD 7790 - Both of these cards were released this week - which one offers the best performance per dollar?
- GTX 650 Ti BOOST vs HD 7850 - The higher end GPU from AMD is a bit more costly than the GTX 650 Ti BOOST but it turns out the fight is a lot closer than we might have though.
On to the benchmarks!
Get notified when we go live!