AMD Radeon HD 6670 and HD 6570 Graphics Card Review - Turks GPU is sub-$100
Testing Configurations and System Setup
Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 Reference Specs
Radeon HD 6570 512MB GDDR5 Reference Specs
NVIDIA GeForce GTXS 450 1GB Overclocked Specs
Testing graphics cards in this price range can be daunting because there are SO MANY choices and options that COULD be pinned up against one another. You like the GT 430? What memory configuration? 1GB or 512MB? GDDR5 or DDR3? It wasn't possible for us to get everything so I tried to get the most relevant options to include in the lineup.
- Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 - $99
- Radeon HD 6570 512MB GDDR5 - $79
- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB OC - $105
- Radeon HD 5770 1GB - $115
For the comparison we included the two new cards from today as well as a previous card from both NVIDIA and AMD. The NVIDIA GTS 450 cards have come down in price quite a bit and you can get overclocked models (ours is at a nice 888 MHz from Galaxy) for under $100 after a mail-in rebate. The Radeon HD 5770 continues to be a prime card for the price and is just a bit more than the GTS 450.
The Galaxy GeForce GTS 450 1GB OC
- Testing Configuration
- ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-965 @ 3.33 GHz Processor
- 3 x 2GB Corsair DDR3-1333 MHz Memory
- Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB HDD
- Corsair Professional Series 1200w PSU
- Benchmarks used: 3DMark Vantage, Civilization V, F1 2010, Left 4 Dead 2, 3DMark11
- NVIDIA Driver: 270.61
- AMD Driver: HD 6790 - Beta
Let's see some benchmarks and results!