Plantronics GameCom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset Review
Features and Packaging
- Dolby® Headphone technology delivers a virtual 7-channel audio experience.
- Dolby® USB sound card is the only way to get the 7.1 experience.
- Open-ear design keeps you connected to the game and your surroundings.
- Concealed mic boom stays hidden until you’re ready to use it.
- Specially designed earpods redistribute pressure for maximum comfort.
- In-line volume and mic-mute controls allow for easy audio adjustment
- Noise-canceling microphone lets you communicate clearly.
- Rugged, military-grade design and extra-strength cables make your hardware hardcore.
The exterior retail packaging is well designed and even provides a small glimpse of the headphones through the front panel window. I like these types of packages because it attracts consumers and gives them a look at the goods before they purchase the product.
The back panel simplifies the features and specifications showcased with the Gamecom 777 headset. The list of features and high quality photo of the headphones gives me everything I'm looking for in retail packaging.
There was several pieces of marketing material in the retail packaging, but the main one users need to be concerned with is how the Dolby 7.1 surround sound is added to these headphones. Users will need to user the included Dolby USB connector to access the headphone's virtual 7.1 surround sound capabilities. If they opt to use only the mic/audio jacks, they will only get stereo or 2.1 sound from these headphones.