Zalman ZM750-HP 750W Power Supply Review
High Price: Not Available
View Not Available sellers
Introduction and Features
Zalman currently offers five different power supplies that incorporate one or more heat pipes with output capacities ranging from 500W up to 1,000W. The ZM750-HP features a combination of fixed and modular cables, support for dual core CPUs and multiple graphic cards, and it can deliver up to 750 watts of continuous DC output. The ZM750-HP uses heat pipe technology to augment the internal cooling system for increased reliability and to reduce noise. While not the first PSU manufacturer to take this approach, Zalman certainly has a strong history of effectively using heat pipes in many of their CNPS (Computer Noise Prevention System) enabled products.
(Courtesy of Zalman)
Zalman has a well earned reputation in the PC industry for delivering high-quality components that are designed to reduce noise. In addition to PC power supplies, Zalman also offers desktop and HTPC enclosures, air and water-cooling solutions, along with numerous noise fighting accessories for the PC enthusiast.
Zalman ZM750-HP PSU Key Features:
• 750 watt continuous power output
• Heat pipe technology used to enhance cooling
• Quiet 120mm cooling fan maximizes airflow
• ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V support
• Four +12V outputs (up to 60A/720W combined)
• Two PCI-E connectors (supports multiple graphic adapters)
• High efficiency (up to 86%) and 80 PLUS Certified
• Combination of Fixed and Modular cables (fully sleeved)
• 16 AWG (heavy gauge) wire used to minimize voltage drop
• EZ grip connectors with gold plated terminals
• Active PFC with Universal AC line input
• 3-Year warranty
Packaging and Parts
The Zalman ZM750-HP power supply arrived securely packed inside a retail box that highlights the power supplies features and specifications. In addition to the power supply the package includes a power cord, mounting screws, ZM-DC1 fan adapter, a printed User’s Manual, and seven modular cables.
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The Zalman ZM750-HP power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• FLUKE 87-III True RMS digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.05%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• Hitachi V-650F 60 MHz dual trace oscilloscope (Accuracy ±3%)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• FLUKE 52-II digital thermometer (Accuracy ±0.3ºC/0.5ºF)
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom Lian Li PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Get notified when we go live!