Zalman ZM-MFC2 Multi Fan Controller and Power Meter Review
Features and Specifications
Zalman has a well earned reputation in the PC industry for delivering high-quality components that are designed to help reduce noise. In addition to high-end HTPC and gaming enclosures, Zalman offers numerous air and water-cooling solutions, power supplies, and noise fighting accessories for the PC enthusiast. The ZM-MFC2 multifunction fan speed controller fits into this last category.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The ZM-MFC2 is a 5.25” bay device designed to control multiple fans and allows setting and monitoring the fan speed on four separate channels. In addition, the ZM-MFC2 provides four channels of temperature monitoring and includes an AC wattmeter so you can see how much electricity your rig is consuming at any given time. The styling is elegant, with clean lines and features that are both attractive and functional.
ZM-MFC2 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />
- Real time display of PC power consumption
- Four sensors for monitoring temperature
- Monitoring and control of multiple fans (standard and PWM)
- Audible alarm sounds if any fan stops operating
- Each fan’s operational status indicated with animated image
- Easy to install and setup
Specifications (from the Zalman
The Zalman ZM-MFC2 multi-function fan controller comes securely packed in a colorfully printed box that includes everything needed for easy installation and setup.
- ZM-MFC2 Multi-function controller
- Current/Voltage Sensor (CVS) module
- CVS Connector/bracket with extension cable
- (4) Temperature sensors
- Tape for attaching temperature sensors
- Fan cables: (1) 4-pin PWM, (2) 3-pin, (1) 3-pin Y-cable
- Installation hardware
- Printed User’s Manual
Note: There are four independent channels for controlling and monitoring fans. More than one fan can be connected to a channel as long as the total current draw does not exceed 0.7A (8.4W) per channel. More on this later.
Get notified when we go live!