Ultra m998 Mid-Tower ATX Case Review
Features and Specifications
Don’t let the name fool you. Ultra’s m998 mid-tower case is much more than a utilitarian enclosure. It may be named after the rugged and versatile M998 HMMWV (Humvee) military vehicles but it features a wealth of useful features. Ultra designed the m998 mid-tower ATX enclosure for PC enthusiasts planning to build the ultimate gaming, multimedia, or high-end workstation system. Inside the oversized, aluminum enclosure you will find two 120mm cooling fans, 11 drive bays, a removable motherboard tray and Ultra’s unique Power Bar system. The m998 also comes with a large side window, removable top and side panels, and caster style feet.
(Courtesy of Ultra Products)
Ultra m998 ATX Enclosure Key Features:
• Aluminum construction with elegant, clean styling
• Black anodized finish inside and out
• Removable top and side panels for easy access to internal components
• Large acrylic side window with CPU and VGA vent openings
• Removable chrome-plated steel motherboard tray
• Two 120mm case fans included (front and back)
• Ultra Power Bar power distribution and cable management system
• 11 Drive bays (6 externally accessible and 5 internal HDD bays)
• Front mounted controls and I/O panel with eSATA
• Standard feet or lockable caster style wheels
Ultra m998 Specifications (from Ultra’s website)
The Ultra m998 mid-tower enclosure ships wrapped in plastic and nestled between large Styrofoam end caps inside a bright orange and black retail box.
Securely packed inside the enclosure are two small boxes and a brief multi-language User’s Manual. One box contains the optional casters and the second box contains all the accessories (screws, hardware, I/O plate, SATA cable, and the Power Bar cables).