SilverStone Zeus ZM1350 Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Zeus is back at SilverStone and the new ZM1350 power supply lived up to its name. It can deliver up to 1350 watts (1500 watts peak) at up to 50°C continuously and is housed in one of the largest (longest) enclosures we have encountered. The Zeus ZM1350 power supply produced very good voltage regulation with very good AC ripple suppression and meets the 80 Plus Silver criteria for efficiency. It comes with a large assortment of all modular cables and includes a switch for selecting single or multi +12V operation and pots for tweaking the +3.3V, +5V and +12V outputs.
On the plus side, SilverStone has upgraded their old 3-year warranty to 5-years for the ZM1350. The large size of the ZM1350 and loud fan will most likely be minor issues to anyone looking for this type of power supply.
The Zeus ZM1350 PSU should be available by the end of the year (2012) and comes with an MSRP of $349.99 USD (305€ EU).
• Capable of delivering 1350W continuous DC output at 50°C
• 60°C operation with output de-rated to 1080W continuous
• Very good voltage regulation
• Voltage adjustment pots allow tweaking the main output voltages
• 80 Plus Silver efficiency across a broad range of loads
• Very good AC ripple suppression
• Single +12V output can deliver up to 105A/1260W
• Eight PCI-E connectors (6+2 pin) and dual EPS12V connectors
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• All modular cables
• Protections: OCP, OVP, OPP, OTP, UVP, SCP, NLO
• Supports latest ATX12V 2.3 & EPS12V 2.93 standards
3-year warranty (Edit 1-25-13: SST informed us the warranty has been changed to 5-years)
• Cooling fan gets noisy at higher loads
• Large footprint (230mm/9" long)
SilverStone Zeus ZM1350 Power Supply
Our thanks to SilverStone for sending us the Zeus ZM1350 PSU to review.