SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1000W Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1000W power supply delivers very good efficiency with clean DC outputs and very good voltage regulation. Under normal operating conditions the power supply is very quiet, virtually silent thanks to SilverStone's new Air Penetrator cooling fan. The Strider Gold Evolution 1000W comes with a good assortment of all-modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards along with active PFC and universal AC input. SilverStone also includes one of their new 140mm magnetic dust filters in the package. Overall, this is one of the best power supply units we have seen to date from SilverStone – well done guys! My only minor complaint is still the 3-year warranty period.
The SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1000W power supply is currently available and typically sells for just over $200 USD ($205.45 at Amazon.com Feb. 2012).
• Up to 1000W DC output, rated at 40°C
• Very good efficiency (80Plus Gold certified)
• Very good voltage regulation; particularly on the critical +12V rail
• Clean DC outputs with low AC ripple
• Very quiet during normal operation
• 140mm Magnetic dust filter included
• Single +12V output up to 83A (996W)
• Six PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Two EPS connectors for dual CPU support
• Good assortment of all modular cables
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• 3-Year warranty
This time around the new SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1000W power supply brings home the gold!
SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1000W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at SilverStone for sending us the Strider Gold Evolution 1000W PSU to review – thank you!