Seasonic S12G Series 750W Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The new S12G Series is a great addition to Seasonic’s formidable power supply lineup. It is targeted towards gamers and PC enthusiasts who want solid performance at a user friendly price. The S12G-750 we tested produced excellent load regulation with high efficiency and very good AC ripple suppression. The S12G-750 is very quiet at low to mid power and comes with a good compliment of connectors.
To help keep the cost down, Seasonic has designed the S12G Series on the same basic platform as many of their premium products but has forgone a few features like modular cables and fanless operation for price conscious consumers. Retail prices are currently ranging from $79.99 USD for the S12G-450 to $109.99 USD for the S12G-750 (newegg.com, November 2013).
• Excellent voltage regulation
• Very good efficiency across a broad range of loads (80Plus Gold certified)
• Very good AC ripple suppression
• Very quiet operation at low to mid power levels
• Single +12V output can deliver up to 62A/744W
• Four PCI-E connectors (6/8-pin) and two 4+4 pin/8-pin ATX/EPS
• Compact size, only 140mm (5.5”) deep
• 5-Year warranty
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• No modular cables
Seasonic S12G Series 750W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Seasonic for sending us the S12G-750 PSU to review – thank you!
Editors Note: I recently built a modest PC for my home office and selected the Seasonic S12G-450 for the PSU. I mostly use this PC for business apps, writing reviews, editing photos/videos, CAD, and light gaming. The S12G-450 offered the perfect combination of stable power, fixed cables, two PCI-E connectors and a quiet fan that runs all the time. Just what I needed!
- Asus Z87-A mobo and Core i5-4670K CPU
- 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
- GeForce GTX-560Ti graphics adapter
- SSD, HDD, Blu-ray burner, etc.
Get notified when we go live!