PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910 Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
The new Silencer 910 is the latest addition to PC Power & Cooling’s Silencer series of high performance power supplies. It can deliver up to 910W of clean, reliable power with excellent efficiency for mission critical workstations and high-end gaming systems. The new Silencer 910 incorporates all hard-wired cables and comes with four PCI-E connectors, NVIDIA SLI certification, is backed by a 5-year warranty, and typically sells for less than $200 USD.
PC Power & Cooling has been in the business of building high-performance PC switching power supplies since 1986 and they have earned one of the best reputations in the industry for performance and reliability. Today PC Power & Cooling offers several lines of high-quality power supplies ranging in capacity from 300W all the way up to 1200W. The Turbo-Cool units are specifically designed for high-end applications where clean power and reliability are the top priorities while the Silencer series puts more emphasis on quiet operation and a lower price point.
Silencer 910 PSU Key Features:
• 910W continuous power output (1,000W peak) at 50°C
• NVIDIA SLI Certified (up to 2 x GTX295)
• 80+ Silver Certified (88% efficiency); .99 Active PFC
• Powerful single +12V rail (up to 74A/82A peak)
• Rock solid, super clean DC outputs
• Quad PCI-E and a complete array of connectors
• Active PFC with Universal AC line input
• Automatic fan speed control circuit (single 80mm fan)
• 5-Year warranty and tech support
Here is what PC Power & Cooling has to say about their new Silencer 910:
“Legendary Silencer performance now in an incredible 910W of continuous clean and stable power. Our Silencer 910 power supply gives you unparalleled PC Power & Cooling performance and reliability along with a unique ultra-quiet cooling design, quad PCI-Express connectors, classic black finish, and a price that seals the deal.”
Packaging and Parts
The Silencer 910 ships in a mostly black retail box that highlights the unit's main features and specifications. The 910 comes bundled with a heavy duty power cord (14AWG), mounting screws, PC Power & Cooling case badge, and Users Guide.
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The Silencer 910 power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• Extech MultiMaster MM570 digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.02%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• Hitachi V-650F 60 MHz dual trace oscilloscope (Accuracy ±3%)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Get notified when we go live!