OCZ GameXstream 700W Power Supply Review
High Price: Not Available
View Not Available sellers
Introduction and Features
OCZ designed the SLI-Ready GameXstream 700W power supply specifically for PC enthusiasts, Power Users, and Gamers! OCZ's new GameXstream power supplies are built by Fortron-Source (FSP) and incorporate high-quality components that deliver stable output voltages with high efficiency and minimal noise. The power supply features quad +12V outputs, active PFC, and a single 120mm cooling fan with blue LEDs for added lighting effects. All of the sleeved cables are hard-wired.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU Key Features:
- 700 watt maximum power output
- ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V support
- Quad +12V outputs (up to 56A/680W)
- Dual PCI-e 6-pin connectors (nVidia SLI Ready)
- Quiet 120mm cooling fan with blue LED lights
- Industrial grade components
- High efficiency (80% to 83% typical load)
- Black mesh sleeved cables
- Active PFC with Universal AC line input
- 3-Year warranty
In addition to the GameXstream power supply the colorfully printed box includes a power cord, mounting screws, and a printed User's Manual.
The OCZ GameXstream 700W power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions. In addition to measuring the power going in and coming out I looked at voltage regulation, electrical noise (AC ripple), sound level, efficiency and cost. Here is a list of the equipment used during testing.
- FLUKE 87-III True RMS digital multimeter (Accuracy Â±0.05%)
- Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy Â±0.5% of full scale)
- <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />
V-650F 60 MHz dual trace oscilloscope (Accuracy Â±3%) Hitachi
- Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
- FLUKE 52-II digital thermometer (Accuracy Â±0.3ÂºC/0.5ÂºF)
- Extech Model 407736 digital sound level meter (Accuracy Â±1.5 dB)
- AccuLab V1-10kg digital balance (Accuracy Â±1g)
- Homemade PSU load tester — selectable loads (up to 470W)
- (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (up to 150W each)
- (2) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (up to 300W each)
Establishing a controlled load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. In addition to my own home-made load tester, I'm now using four programmable DC loads for greater flexibility and accuracy. This new combination can place up 1,400 watt load on the unit being tested.
Get notified when we go live!