High Power Astro PT 700W Platinum Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
(Courtesy of High Power)
High Power Electronic’s Astro Series includes seven PC power supplies ranging in output capacity from 500W up to 750W. All of the power supplies in the Astro Series are certified 80Plus Gold (AGD-500F, AGD-600F, AGD-650, AGD-750F, AGD-750) except for two models that achieve the coveted 80Plus Platinum certification for high efficiency (APT-600 and APT-700).
Astro PT 700W Platinum PSU Key Features: (from the High Power website)
• Off-Delay Fan (Fan Stays On After System Shutdown): This feature allows the PSU fan to continue running after the system is shut down for a few seconds to exhaust the residual warm air inside the PSU and computer case to help extend component life.
• Single +12V Output Rail: Offers maximum compatibility for the +12V demand (PT 700W: 58A-696W)
• 100% Japanese-made Capacitors: provide longer lifespan
• Reliable Japan
ese-made Solid-state Capacitors: for enhanced system durability and stability even under extreme conditions
• Easily Detachable and Flexible Flat Modular Cables: Use only the cables you need. Reduce clutter from unused connectors and enhance the airflow inside your system
• Patented Easy Swap Connector: for quick and easy installation
• Long Cable Length: Longer cables for easier cable management behind the motherboard
• ErP 2013 The PSU’s standby mode won’t exceed 0.5W consumption to save energy and help maintain a sustainable environment
PSU Testing Methodology
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Differential Temperature
The Astro PT 700W power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• (2) 200W Precision resistor load bank (+12V5 and +12V6)
• Switchable precision resistor load bank (-12V and +5VSB)
• Agilent 34401A digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.0035% vDC)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• DS1M12 "StingRay" digital oscilloscope (20M S/s with 12 Bit ADC)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
Get notified when we go live!