Enermax TriAthlor 550W Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Enermax TriAthlor 550W power supply delivers good voltage regulation with clean DC outputs (low AC ripple) and is housed in a compact chassis that is only 140mm (5.5”) deep. The TriAthlor 550W power supply is eco-friendly by meeting the new ErP Lot 6 standby efficiency criteria but achieves only 80Plus Bronze level efficiency under load. Under light to medium loads the power supply is quiet, but at the higher loads fan noise becomes noticeable. The TriAthlor 550W PSU comes with a good assortment of fixed and modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and graphic adapters along with active PFC and universal AC input.
The Enermax TriAthlor 550W power supply is currently available and selling for around $109.99 USD (newegg.com April 2013), which makes it relatively expensive compared to the competition at this power point, considering it is only backed by a 3-year warranty and 80Plus Bronze certified.
• Good voltage regulation on the primary DC outputs
• Clean DC outputs (low AC ripple)
• Complies with ErP Lot 6 standby efficiency criteria
• Quiet during normal operation (low to mid power)
• Dual +12V output up to 45A (540W) combined
• Three PCI-E connectors for multiple graphics card support
• Compact chassis (only 140mm deep)
• Good assortment of fixed and modular cables
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• 80Plus Gold efficiencies (82-85%)
• Relatively expensive compared to the competition
• Fan noise becomes noticeable at higher loads
• 3-Year warranty
Our thanks to Ecomaster for sending us the Enermax TriAthlor 550W PSU to review.