Enermax Modu82+ 625W Power Supply Review
High Price: Not Available
View Not Available sellers
Introduction and Features
Enermax has a well earned reputation for delivering reliable power supplies, enclosures, and other accessories to the PC enthusiast market. Enermax recently introduced two new series of power supplies to their product line; the Modu82+ and the Pro82+. The Modu82+ features modular cables and is available in three different models ranging in output capacity from 425W up to 625W. The Pro82+ features all hard wired cables and is available with four different output capacities ranging from 385W up to 625W.
Enermax Modu82+ 625W Power Supply
The new Modu82+ and Pro82+ power supplies from Enermax were designed to deliver stable outputs with high efficiency and minimal noise. In fact the Modu82+ and Pro82+ power supplies are some of the first to be certified under the new 80 Plus Bronze classification to be at least 82% efficient at 20% and 100% of the rated output and at least 85% efficient at 50% of the rated output power. And as you will see later on, the Modu82+ 625W unit we have in for review proved to be the quietest power supply we have tested to date!
Enermax Modu82+ 625W PSU Key Features:
• 625 watt continuous power output (up to 40°C)
• Compliant with the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard
• High efficiency operation (82-88% efficient at 20-100% load)
• 12-pin Modular connectors designed to support future graphic adapters
• Supports high-end graphic cards with 6+2 (8-pin) PCI-E connectors
• Gaming ready! (SLI or CrossFire X)
• EMC electromagnetic filtering (CE EMC EN61204-3 compliance)
• AirGuard: Patented air inlet with optimal aerodynamic design
• SafeGuard: Protection circuits for OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP, OTP and SCP
• SpeedGuard: Advanced fuzzy-logic fan speed control reduces noise
• Triple +12V rails for maximum safety and reliability
• All high-quality Japanese capacitors for maximum durability and stability
Packaging and Parts
The Enermax Modu82+ power supply arrived securely packed inside a retail box that highlights the power supplies features and specifications. In addition to the power supply the package includes a power cord, seven modular cables, mounting screws, Enermax case badge, printed User’s Manual, and a package of cable wraps.
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The Enermax Modu82+ 625W power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• FLUKE 87-III True RMS digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.05%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• Hitachi V-650F 60 MHz dual trace oscilloscope (Accuracy ±3%)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• FLUKE 52-II digital thermometer (Accuracy ±0.3ºC/0.5ºF)
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom Lian Li PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Enermax’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!
Get notified when we go live!