Danger Den Black Series Tower 21 Case Review
Introduction, Features, Specifications
Danger Den changes landscape of custom case market
Courtesy of Danger Den
We all know Danger Den for their high performance watercooling systems, parts, and accessories, but nowadays you can also purchase custom PC cases built to your specifications! That's right, you can tailor every aspect of your acrylic case from the color, fan grills, and graphics. We saw many of their custom cases at this year's Quakecon so we gave them a call and they provided one of their Black Series Tower 21 cases for us to review. We'll show you the entire build from scratch and give you our expert opinion on how this case handles a mid-range gaming rig with basic watercooling.
The Danger Den Black Series 21 Case is highly customizable and incorporates a unique mid-tower form factor that is unrivaled by any other modern PC cases available today. The most unique aspect of the Black Series 21 is its ability to house a triple 120mm radiator configuration on the front panel and a dual 80mm radiator on the back panel. If watercooling isn't in your budget, this case also works well with air-cooled heatsinks up to seven inches tall.
Danger Den Black Series Tower 21 Case Specifications (Taken from Danger Den's website):
- Size: 7.75" Wide x 16.75" Deep x 23" Tall
- Motherboard – Standard ATX
- Supports ATX PSU
- Two radiators up to 3x120mm size and 2x80mm size!!
- Radiator mounts with 15mm spacing (Black Ice and Feser radiators)
- 4 x 3.5” Internal Drives
- 1 x 5.25” External Drive Bay
- Mounts for 3 x 120mm Fans and 3 x 80mm Fans
- Compatible With Most Aftermarket Air Coolers - approx 7" (17.7cm) clearance
- Strong and Durable Acrylic construction
- Black Acrylic Frame, Top, Base and Motherboard panels perfect for showing off the case, your hardware, and hiding all the wires!!!
- All external edges are rounded
- All external mounting screws are flush mount countersunk.
- Colors - Frame & Motherboard Tray, Top and Bottom are Black except for the "Phantom" case:
- "Phantom" Case is all Clear Acrylic
- "BiPolar" Case is a Clear Front and Back
- "Nightmare" Black Front and Back
- "Blood Shot" Deep Red Front and Back
- "Orange Box" UV Orange Front and Back
- "Bruiser" UV Blue Front and Back
- "Gangrene" UV Green Front and Back
- "Yellow Fever" UV Yellow Front and Back
- Fan Grill come standard with the DD logo. Options to remove the DD logo on the 3x120mm on the front and 2x80mm on the back. These will be open holes.
- Danger Den is etched in the bottom of each side of the case standard. This can be removed also.
- Graphic Requirements Link - Send us your graphics and we'll cut it into the case
Other Required Components (Purchased Seperately):
- Motherboard, PSU, CPU, etc (all computer hardware for the case)
- Three (3) 120mmfans and up to (3) 80mm fans.
- Light Kits, LEDs, Cathodes to pimp the case and hardware
- Wire sleeving and other parts to hide the wires!
- NOVUS Cleaner #1, #2, and #3 can be used to clean the case. Cleaning should be done before installation. *NEW*- We now carry a kit!