Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The new Corsair TX750W power supply delivers solid outputs, with excellent voltage regulation and good efficiency. Under normal operating conditions (below 500W load) the TX750W is very quiet and runs relatively cool. The TX750W comes fitted with hard-wired cables that can support dual, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget active PFC, universal AC input and Corsair’s 5-year warranty. Another worthy power supply from Corsair!
Overall, most of the higher-capacity Channel Well Technology built power supplies have proven to be excellent but they have a weakness, which is higher levels of AC ripple on the +12V output. While still well within spec, the TX750W exhibits a little more AC ripple on the +12V rail than we would like to see, especially at higher loads. Bottom line; you get what you pay for and some trade-offs have to be made when balancing price and performance.
And speaking of price, the Corsair TX750W power supply is currently available and selling on the street for $159.99 USD. That is a very competitive price for a strong 750W power supply.
• Up to 750W DC output (up to 50ºC)
• Solid, stable voltages with excellent voltage regulation
• Quiet during normal operation (below 450W output)
• Very good build quality with industrial grade components
• Good efficiency along with Active PFC
• Single +12V output up to 60A
• Black mesh sleeved cables
• Four PCI-E connectors for dual graphic card support
• Very competitive pricing
• Backed by a 5-year warranty
• Relatively high levels of AC ripple on the +12V output at higher loads
• Noisy at higher loads (above 500W and 30°C)
For solid rails, excellent voltage regulation, and good efficiency at a great price, the new Corsair TX750W power supply takes home the gold.
Corsair TX750W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair Memory for sending us the new TX750W PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Corsair’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Corsair TX750W PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!
Get notified when we go live!