Corsair TX550M and TX750M Power Supply Review
High Price: $169.28
View 2 sellers
Introduction and Features
Corsair Memory continues to expand their PC power supply offering with the introduction of four new modular power supplies in their Enthusiast Series; the TX550M, TX650M, TX750M and TX850M. Corsair designed all of the new modular power supplies to deliver clean, stable, continuous power at an affordable price for PC gamers and performance enthusiasts. All of the Enthusiast Series TX Modular power supplies feature an energy-efficient design (80Plus Bronze certified), quiet operation and are backed by a 5-year warranty with lifetime access to Corsair's comprehensive technical support and customer service.
Here is what Corsair has to say about their new Enthusiast Series TX Modular PSUs:
"Corsair Enthusiast Series power supply units are designed for hardcore PC gamers, performance enthusiasts, and anybody who appreciates a combination of high performance standards and affordability. Enthusiast Series PSUs are 80 Plus Bronze certified, and are available in both modular and non-modular configurations.
Based on the award-winning Enthusiast Series TX V2 line, Enthusiast Series Modular PSUs add a modular cabling system for improved installation flexibility. It provides a great combination of exacting performance standards and affordability. "
Corsair TX Modular Series PSU Key Features:
• 550W, 650W, 750W or 850W continuous power output (50°C)
• Conforms to the latest ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 standards
• Backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 standards
• A dedicated single +12V rail offers simple configuration and maximum compatibility
• Ultra-quiet 140mm double ball-bearing fan offers excellent airflow with low noise
• Complies with the European Union ErP Directive (2009/125/EC)
• 80 PLUS Bronze certified (85% efficient under real-world loads)
• Universal AC input (90~264V) with Active PFC
• Over-current, over-voltage, under-voltage and short circuit protection
• High-quality capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability
• 5-Year warranty and lifetime access to legendary Corsair customer service
• Safety Approvals: cTUVus, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular power supplies were evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• (2) 200W Precision resistor load bank (+12V5 and +12V6)
• Switchable precision resistor load bank (-12V and +5VSB)
• Extech MultiMaster MM570 digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.02%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• DS1M12 "StingRay" digital oscilloscope (20M S/s with 12 Bit ADC)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Get notified when we go live!