Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Corsair Professional Series HX1050 power supply delivers good efficiency with clean DC outputs and good voltage regulation. Under normal operating conditions the power supply is very quiet. The HX1050 comes with a good assortment of all-modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards along with active PFC, universal AC input and a 7-year warranty. Overall, the Corsair HX1050 is very good power supply in its price range. Of course if you want even better performance (80 Plus Gold efficiency, even cleaner DC outputs and tighter voltage regulation) Corsair's Professional Series Gold is available (AX650 thru AX1200) for few more dollars.
The Corsair Professional Series HX1050 power supply is currently available and typically sells for around $224 USD (Amazon.com August 2011).
• Up to 1,050W DC output, rated at 50°C
• Good efficiency (80 Plus Silver certified)
• Good voltage regulation; particularly on the critical +12V rail
• Clean DC outputs with low AC ripple
• Quiet during normal operation
• Single +12V output up to 87.5A
• Six PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Two EPS connectors for dual CPU support
• Good combination of fixed and modular cables
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• 7-Year warranty
• Competitively priced
• None noted
Corsair Professional Series HX1050Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair for sending us the HX1050 PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Corsair’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Corsair Professional Series HX1050PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!