Corsair Enthusiast TX750 V2 and TX850 V2 PSU Review
Introduction and Features
Today we have a double-header for you: two new PSUs in Corsair's Enthusiast lineup, the TX750 V2 and TX850 V2. Check out our review to see if these new contenders are destined for the PSU hall of fame and your next build!
Corsair Memory continues to expand their PC power supply offering with the introduction of three new units in their Enthusiast Series; the TX650 V2, TX750 V2 and TX850 V2. All three new Version 2 power supplies have been designed to deliver clean, stable, continuous power at an affordable price for your high-end gaming rig or workstation. Along with the TX650 V2, the TX750 V2 and TX850 V2 that we are reviewing today feature premium quality components, an energy-efficient design (80Plus Bronze certified) and quiet operation. All of the Enthusiast Series power supplies are backed by a 5-year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair's comprehensive technical support and customer service.
Here is what Corsair has to say about their new Enthusiast Series TX V2 PSUs:
"When you build or upgrade your own system, you want a power supply that meets both your power requirements and your exacting standards for performance and noise. The entire Enthusiast Series TX V2 family has been designed to do just that. With any TX V2 PSU, you'll find the right balance between price and the features you want: high efficiency, tight voltage regulation, low ripple and noise, and thermally-controlled fan speed.
Unlike many value-oriented power supplies, the entire range of TX V2 power supplies are designed to continuously deliver their rated power, all the way to 50°C ambient temperature. And with the tight voltage regulation and low ripple and noise that Corsair's Enthusiast Series is known for, you'll get clean power too. No more random crashes caused by dirty or insufficient power!
All TX V2 power supplies deliver up to 85% efficiency, feature a single +12V rail for simple installation, and are compatible with the latest Intel and AMD platforms, as well as NVIDIA and AMD multi-GPU configurations. They are even ErP ready, so your system can use as little as 1W of power in standby mode (when used with an ErP-compliant motherboard). "
Corsair TX750 V2 and TX850 V2 PSU Key Features:
• 750W or 850W continuous power output (50°C)
• Conforms to the latest ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 standards
• A dedicated single +12V rail offers simple configuration and maximum compatibility
• Ultra-quiet 140mm double ball-bearing fan offers excellent airflow with low noise
• Complies with the European Union ErP Directive (2009/125/EC)
• 80 PLUS Bronze certified (85% efficient under real-world loads)
• Universal AC input (90~264V) with Active PFC
• Over-current, over-voltage, under-voltage and short circuit protection
• High-quality Japanese capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability
• 5-Year warranty and lifetime access to legendary Corsair customer service
• Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The Corsair Enthusiast Series V2 power supplies were evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• (2) 200W Precision resistor load bank (+12V5 and +12V6)
• Switchable precision resistor load bank (-12V and +5VSB)
• Extech MultiMaster MM570 digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.02%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• DS1M12 "StingRay" digital oscilloscope (20M S/s with 12 Bit ADC)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Get notified when we go live!