Corsair CS Series Modular 650W Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The CS Modular Series adds yet another new tier to Corsair’s already formidable PC power supply offering. The CS650M test unit produced very good DC load regulation with very good efficiency (easily met 80Plus Gold certification criteria) across a full range of loads. And the unit was able to keep AC ripple and noise well under control, even at full load. The CS650M comes with a good assortment of fixed and flat ribbon-style cables. The main 24-pin ATX, 4+4-pin ATX/EPS, and PCI-E connector cables are nice and long (25”-29”). The only minor issues we could find to complain about are the 3-year warranty and use of a sleeve bearing fan.
The MSRP for the CS Series Modular 650W power supply is $109.99 USD and that is the price it is currently selling for on newegg.com (January 2014). Most of our readers will note that for an extra ~$10, you can upgrade to one of Corsair’s RM Series PSUs, which will net you a 5-year warranty, a better cooling fan and all modular cables (along with Corsair Link capability).
• Very good voltage regulation (the three primary rails are ±2%)
• Very good efficiency across a broad range of loads (80Plus Gold certified)
• Very quiet operation through mid power levels
• +12V output can deliver up to 51A (612W)
• Four PCI-E connectors (6/8-pin)
• PCI-E and the 4+4 ATX cables are nice and long
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Modular, ribbon style cables
• Compact chassis (140mm – 5.5” deep)
• 3-Year warranty
Corsair CS Series Modular 650W Power Supply
Our thanks to Corsair for sending us the CS650M to review!
Get notified when we go live!