Corsair AX860i Digital ATX Platinum Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Corsair’s two new smart PSUs, the AX860i Digital and AX760i Digital, incorporate an imbedded DSP, which when used with the Corsair Link software allows the end user to monitor and adjust several power supply parameters like performance, noise (fan speed), and Over Current Protection (OCP) settings. And many other Corsair products also support the Link technology (memory modules, case cooling fans and lighting subsystems, GPU Node for monitoring PCI-E current loads, etc.) so you can build a state-of-the-art, high-end gaming system with a built in DACS (Data Acquisition and Control System).
The Corsair AX860i Digital ATX power supply delivers very clean DC outputs, with excellent voltage regulation and efficiency. Under light loads the AX860i runs in silent, fanless mode (up to ~30% load) and continues to be very quiet under normal operating conditions. The AX860i Digital comes with a good assortment of all-modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget Corsair’s 7-year warranty!
The MSRP for the four new Corsair power supplies are as follows:
• Smart PSU incorporates Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
• Corsair Link software allows monitoring and adjusting PSU parameters
• Up to 860W DC output, rated at 50°C
• Excellent efficiency (80Plus Platinum certified)
• Very stable voltages with excellent voltage regulation
• Very clean DC outputs with low AC ripple
• Silent during low power operation (below ~30% output)
• Very good build quality with high quality components
• Built-in self-diagnostic test feature
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• Single +12V output up to 71.6A (860 watts)
• Six PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Backed by a 7-year warranty
• Corsair Link USB dongle not supported in Win XP (Vista or Win7 please)
• Self Test feature only works if the DC output cables are disconnected from the PSU
Corsair AX860i Digital ATX Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair for sending us the new AX860i Digital PSU to review – thank you!
Get notified when we go live!