Cooler Master Mystique Modified Aluminum Case Review
Introduction and Specifications
When you think of Cooler Master Aluminum Cases you automatically think high-quality, high-end, expensive computer enclosures. When it comes to the new Cooler Master Mystique, or shall we say the Wave Master II, high-quality is a given, but expensive it is not!
Now, we don't know of any reviews of the stock Mystique, so we were quite surprised to be offered not a stock case, no, but a fully modded out Mystique from the good people at Performance Pcs.com.
Redesigned the Wave Master II (Mystique) now sports front and back 120 mm fans, instead of the customary 80 mm fans found in the original Wave Master, but at a cost, no longer does the Mystique have a slide-out removable motherboard tray. Many of us who change equipment frequently will sorely miss this feature.
Cooler Master has managed by using a little plastic here and there (we'll point it out to you) plus with the absence of the motherboard tray and using a more standard type chassis, to get the retail price under $100.00 USD for the stock case and http://www.performance-pcs.com/ has managed the fully modded version for under $200.00 USD, with many features you're just going to love, so let's get to it!
Features and Specifications
Some of the more notable features are:
- Meshed front panel (lower half underneath the wave) design for superior airflow and maximum cooling performance
- Screw-less design for easy assembly
- Built in washable front air filter
- 120 mm quiet fans front and rear for superb ventilation and proper airflow pattern
- Rear retaining holes for liquid cooling kits
- Aluminum alloy design reduces chassis weight while solid construction makes for durability and sturdiness
- Easy access front panel can open from either the left or the right, your choice
The specifications listed below come directly from Cooler Master's web site and do not include the mods made by Performance Pcs.com:
|Available Color||Silver / Black|
|Dimensions||L480 x W205 x H445 mm|
|M/B Type||ATX, m-ATX|
|5.25 inch||4 (Exposed)|
|3.5 inch||2 (Exposed); 4 (Hidden)|
|Cooling System||One 120x120x25mm front Blue LED fan (Intake); One 120x120x25mm rear fan (Exhaust)|
|I/O Panel||USB2.0 x 2; MIC x 1; SPK x 1; IEEE1394 x 1 (Support Intel HD Audio)|
|Power Supply||Standard ATX PS2 (option)|
Next Page - Exterior Examination Including Mods
Get notified when we go live!