Antec High Current Gamer HCG-750 PSU Review
High Price: Not Available
View Not Available sellers
Introduction and Features
Are you looking to put gaming-class power into your next build while working within a specific budget? Antec developed the High Current Gamer line for people who play games, for people who love games and spend countless hours gaming. The HCG series was designed to deliver the right balance between performance and high reliability at an affordable price.
Antec has one of the largest selections of PC power supplies on the market today and their High Current Gamer series offers five different power supply units ranging in output capacity from 400W up to 900W. The HCG-750 features 750W of continuous output power, is 80 Plus Bronze certified and incorporates all hard-wired cables with four PCI-E connectors, NVIDIA SLI-Ready and ATI CrossFire certification and typically sells for $100 USD.
Continue reading our full review of the Antec High Current Gamer 750 watt PSU!
Here is what Antec has to say about their HCG-750 PSU:
“Making quad rail power and highly advanced power supply design available at a popular wattage, the HCG-750 features special High Current connectors and heavy-duty cabling, earning it NVIDIA SLI-Ready and ATI CrossFire certifications. At the same time the HCG-750 is also 80 Plus Bronze certified for efficiency, and features active PFC with a swift, quiet 135mm double ball bearing fan so you know you're getting not only High Current but also high efficiency and excellent cooling. If loads of power, High Current engineering and exceptional efficiency are what you're after, the HCG-750 is the perfect PSU for you.”
Antec HCG-750 PSU Key Features:
• 750W continuous power output at 50°C
• NVIDIA SLI-Ready and ATI CrossFire certified
• 80 Plus Bronze Certified (up to 88% efficient)
• Quad High Current +12V rails with high maximum load
• Quiet 135mm double ball bearing fan
• All Japanese brand capacitors
• ATX12V version 2.3 and EPS version 2.91 compliant
• Active PFC with Universal AC line input
• Gold-plated high current connectors
• Safety: OCP, OVP, SCP and OTP
• 5-Year warranty and tech support
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply we review is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The Antec HCG-750 power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• (2) 200W Precision resistor load bank (+12V5 and +12V6)
• Switchable precision resistor load bank (-12V and +5VSB)
• Extech MultiMaster MM570 digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.02%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• DS1M12 "StingRay" digital oscilloscope (20M S/s with 12 Bit ADC)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Get notified when we go live!