ABS/Tagan BZ800 800W Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
Introduction and Features
Tagan has once again teamed up with ABS Gaming Labs to bring the new Tagan BZ series of PC power supplies to the North American market. Tagan is a well known name in Europe and you may recognize ABS from their long affiliation with Newegg. The Tagan BZ (Below Zero) series includes six models ranging in output capacity from 600W up to 1,300W and all are certified by ABS. We will be taking a detailed look at the BZ800 in this review, which is rated for up to 800W maximum DC power output.
The ABS/Tagan BZ800 uses a combination of fixed and modular cables with support for dual high-end video cards. It features a unique Turbo-Mode switch on the back panel, which allows enabling or disabling current limiters on the six +12V outputs. The power supply uses a single, large fan with blue LEDs and the modular connectors light up for added bling.
ABS/Tagan BZ800 PSU Key Features:
• Up to 800 watts DC power output
• Supports EPS12V v2.92 and ATX12V v2.2 standards
• Six +12V outputs (up to 768W combined)
• Turbo mode switch enables or disables +12V current limiting
• Modular cables with PipeRock connectors
• Quiet operation (135mm LED fan)
• High-Efficiency (>80%)
• Active PFC with Universal AC line input
• Four PCI-E connectors: two 6-pin and two 8-pin
• 3-Year parts/1-Year labor warranty
Packaging and Parts
The ABS/Tagan BZ800 power supply comes securely packed and protected inside a colorfully printed retail box.
In addition to the power supply and User’s Manual the package includes a nylon pouch which contains a power cord, mounting screws, silicone mounting gasket, nylon gloves, screwdriver, ABS decal, and eight color-coded modular cables.
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The ABS/Tagan BZ800W power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• FLUKE 87-III True RMS digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.05%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• Hitachi V-650F 60 MHz dual trace oscilloscope (Accuracy ±3%)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• FLUKE 52-II digital thermometer (Accuracy ±0.3ºC/0.5ºF)
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom Lian Li PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Get notified when we go live!