A second look at the TOCZshiba Vertex 460
Subject: Storage | January 24, 2014 - 03:21 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: 19nm, Indilinx Barefoot, ocz, sata, ssd, vertex 460
Legit Reviews also had a chance to try out the new OCZ 460 that Al reviewed recently, on a system with a different Z77 motherboard and slightly slower processor. Not many of the benchmarks overlap so you can gain a bit more insight into the performance of this drive before you purchase it. In the end their conclusion is similar, this is one of the best SSDs they've encountered and should be available at a very decent price per gigabyte.
"Legit Reviews is checking out the new OCZ Storage Solutions Vertex 460 SSD today! We received a 240GB version this time around for evaluation which is pretty much the typical size of a review sample anymore. The Vertex 460 carries the same Barefoot 3 M10 controller we saw in the Vertex 450 and is now paired with 19nm Toshiba MLC NAND. The performance specifications are impressive for what is essentially an entry-level ‘performance’ drive with reads hitting 545MB/s max and 525MB/s writes max. Read on to see how it performs!"
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- OCZ Vertex 460 SSD @ The SSD Review
- Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SATA 3.0 SSD @ Phoronix
- Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD Review @ TechwareLabs
- VisionTek 120GB mSATA SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- Toshiba PX02SMF020 200GB SAS SSD @ NikKTech
- Western Digital Black Gen. 2 4 TB Hard Disk Drive @ TechARP
- Western Digital WD10EZEX @ Phoronix
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim External USB 3.0 2TB Hard Drive Review @ PCSTATS
- Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 64GB Flash Drive @ Funky Kit
- Kingston DataTraveler 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive @ NikKTech
Get notified when we go live!