SanDisk's affordable Ultra Plus SSD family
Subject: Storage | January 7, 2013 - 06:57 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ssd, sandisk ultra plus, 256GB, Marvell, 88SS9175
Using the Marvell 88SS9175 controller, the SanDisk Ultra Plus family of SSDs comes in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB models all of which come with a 3 year warranty. As you can see below, the 256GB model that Legit Reviews recently received does not take up much space in the drives shell. SanDisk's nCache technology is featured on these drives and helps boost the performance of 4k writes but does not fare so well on large files. With decent performance and a price under $1/GB these drives are worth checking out ... unless you want to wait to see what comes out of CES.
"SanDisk is best known for their memory products and with that, they've been doing a number of SSDs on both consumer and enterprise fronts. Their latest offering that came across our desk is the Ultra Plus line being powered by the Marvell 88SS9175 controller and SanDisk's own 19nm NAND. The 6Gbps interfaced drives are marketed towards the both the desktop and mobile computing crowds with promises of strong performance, high reliability and power efficiency. It comes standard in the 7mm, 2.5" form factor so it should be good to go for most Ultrabooks as well..."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD @ AnandTech
- KingFast F3 Series 2.5" SATAIII SSD 240GB KF2509MCF Review @ Madshrimps
- Understanding MTBF in SSD - What Does an SSD's MTBF Mean for You @ hardCOREware
- Mushkin Chronos DX 480GB @ Tweaktown
- Kingston SSDNow KC100 240GB SSD Upgrade Kit Review @ NikKTech
- Rosewill RDED-12001 External Slim Aluminum Blu-Ray Writer @ Hi Tech Legion
- LaCie 5big NAS Pro @ AnandTech
- Asustor AS-606T NAS @ techPowerUp
- Infortrend EonNAS Pro 200 2-Bay NAS @ Tweaktown
- LaCie 5big NAS Pro Preview: User-friendly hybrid cloud @ Hardware.info