Remember the OCZ Vertex 4? The 256GB model is less than $1/GB!
Subject: Storage | July 4, 2012 - 03:53 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Vertex 4, vertex, ocz, Indilinx, ssd
It has been a while since Allan first reviewed the Indilinx Everest 2 powered OCZ Vertex 4 so it seems like a good time to refresh your memory. That is not just because newer firmware is increasing the performance of this drive but also because the 256GB model can be had for under $1/GB! You can see the performance against over a dozen other SSDs of varying prices at TechSpot, where it might not hold the top spot for overall performance it fares very well when you consider the price to performance ratio. That is not to say it is the least expensive drive available but it deserves to be in your list when you are considering a new SSD for your system.
"Although SandForce controllers have powered much of OCZ's solid-state lineup, the company is shifting to its own solutions after purchasing Indilinx early last year. The "Octane" flash drives were the first to use the Indilinx Everest controller last holiday season and now that its SF-2281-based drives are over a year old, OCZ has begun phasing Everest into the rest of its offerings, including the Vertex series.
The Vertex 4 series is aimed at performance buffs, with initial Indilinx Everest 2 based models offering capacities of 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. Performance is the name of the game here and OCZ doesn't disappoint."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SATA 6Gbit/s SSD Review @ Techgage
- OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Solid State Drive Review @ eTeknix
- OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Solid State Drive @ Pro-Clockers
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB @ Computing on Demand
- Plextor M3 Pro (256GB) @ AnandTech
- Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB Solid State Drive @ Pro-Clockers
- CZ Vertex 4 256GB Solid State Drive Firmware 22.214.171.124 Testing @ Tweaktown
- LSI SAS 9207-8i PCIe 3.0 HBA Overview - Eight Crucial M4 SSDs Pushed to 4.1GB/s Performance @ SSD Review
- ADATA 500 Series S510 120GB SSD Review @ eTeknix
- 48 SATA 600 SSDs round-up @ Hardware.Info
- Intel 330 Series SSD 120GB Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Crucial Adrenaline Caching SSD Review @ HardwareLOOK
- MyDigitalSSD BulletProof 3 mSATA 256GB @ SSD Review
- SuperSSpeed S301 Hyper SLC 120GB Solid State Drive @ Tweaktown
- MyDigitalSSD Bullet Proof 3 256GB mSATA Solid State Drive @ Tweaktown
- Intel 910 800GB and 400GB PCI Express Solid State Drive @ Tweaktown
- Solid State Drive Performance Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB 10K RPM Hard Drive Review @ Techgage
- Better Power Management for your NAS @ Computing on Demand
- Thecus N4800 @ Bjorn3D
- Thecus N4800 4-Bay Battery Backup NAS @ Tweaktown
- QNAP TS-412 review: an affordable NAS @ Hardware.info
- Icy Dock MB559U3S Ultra Slim 3.5in USB 3.0 and eSATA Enclosure Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- QNAP TS-669 Pro @ techPowerUp
- Netgear ReadyNAS Duo V2: Fast and affordable @ Hardware.info
- QNAP vs Thecus @ Computing on Demand
- LaCie 2big Thunderbolt 4TB @ Hardware.info
Get notified when we go live!