Quick temporary fix for a broken IDE pin
Subject: Storage | November 13, 2006 - 10:35 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
MAKE:Blog linked to a quick fix that ought to get a HDD with a broken pin running long enough to get the data off of it. Read down into the comments section for additional tips and tricks, and some stories about playing with older HDDs.
"Here's a low-tech way of fixing a broken pin on a hard drive using some tin foil and a sewing pin."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Blu-ray Laser by Wicked Lasers @ I4U
- Mini SAS to e.SATA - Highpoint RocketRAID 2322 @
- Vantec eSATA Products Roundup
- cydock MB559 External
Removable Hard Drive Enclosure @ ThinkComputers
- ICY DOCK MB559 eSATA/USB 2.0 review @
- Blu-ray and HD
DVD: Is Your PC Ready for it?
- Akasa integral P2 LAN 3.5" @
- James Bond 007 1GB Flash Drive @ CoolTechZone
- GStor Mini 8GB @
- Buffalo RUF2-S Series 4 GB USB
Flash Drive @ ThinkComputers