OCZ's RevoDrive Hybrid tries for the best of both worlds
Subject: Storage | January 12, 2012 - 10:24 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ocz, revodrive hybrid, PCIe SSD
Although Al polished off his review of the OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid just before Christmas it is worth revisiting this unique hybrid of PCIe SSD and HDD. Consisting of a PCIe SSD with 100GB of usable storage and a 1TB 5400RPM HDD which uses the SSD as a cache. The Dataplex software which is needed for the RevoDrive to function properly has a small flaw; in order to function you need to be using the Hybrid drive as your boot drive. That complaint is the exact opposite of Al's problem with the first generation of PCIe SSD which could not be used as a boot drive. Read how the drive performed on RealWorldLabs test bench here.
"Aimed mostly towards professionals and enthusiasts the latest RevoDrive Hybrid 1TB PCI Express Storage Solution by OCZ combines the breathtaking read/write speeds of the RevoDrive3 PCI-E SandForce based SSD with the large capacity of a 1TB 2.5inch hard disk drive, all in one very convenient package."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- OCZ Agility 3 - 120Gb SSD @ Funky Kit
- Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD Review @ Neoseeker
- Kingston HyperX 240 GB @ techPowerUp
- Seagate 500GB Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive @ PCSTATS
- Patriot Pyro SE 120GB & 240GB SSD Review @ Neoseeker
- Nero 11 Platinum Software Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Hard Disk Drive Myths Debunked! Rev. 4.9 @ TechARP
- Synology DiskStation DS212+ NAS Server Review @ Real World Labs
- Thecus N5200XXX @ Computing on Demand
- Seagate 2TB Barracuda XT 6Gb/s SATA III @ PCSTATS
Get notified when we go live!