Make external HDD connections a snap
Subject: Storage | September 18, 2006 - 11:53 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Sick and tired of having to reboot to connect a back-up harddrive, and don't want to buy a $100 USB2.0 harddrive case? OCMODSHOP reviews Vantec's $15 IDE to USB adaptor. It handles 2.5 and 3.5 HDDs with ease, go check it out.
"Vantec has been making great products for the computer mechanics and enthusiasts alike for years, and this product will increase your
productivity if you need to backup harddrives a lot whilst repairing computers. Normally you need to shutdown the PC and plug in the
hardrive into your IDE port (making sure to set the correct master/slave jumpers) and reboot again, then when done copying the data you need
to shut it down again, and so on... it gets quite annoying if you have to do that all day, so this is where this little cable comes in."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter @
- The Future of Physical Hard Drive Security @ CoolTechZone
- CoolerMaster Cool Drive Lite @ Techwarelabs
- OEM 5GB USB Pen Drive @
- Seagate Barracuda ES 750GB Hard Drive
Review @ XYZ Computing
- Samsung SH-S182M LightScribe DVD Writer @ ExtremeMHz
- OCZ Ultra-Slim Mini-Kart USB 2.0 Flash Drive Review @
- Super Talent 2.5" Flash IDE 8GB Solid State Drive Review @
- OCZ Secure Digital Dual- USB and SD in
One Memory Card @ XYZ Computing
Get notified when we go live!