It might look like a toaster but StarTech's StarDock can quickly back up one hard drive in triplicate
Subject: Storage | December 8, 2011 - 11:53 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: hdd duplicator, usb to eSATA, Startech
Lockbourne, OH - StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock, which enables users to perform 1:3 sector-by-sector duplication from a single SATA hard drive onto three others simultaneously, without having to connect the dock to a host computer. The Duplicator Dock also includes a SATA to IDE adapter, which provides the option of connecting an IDE hard drive in one of the SATA slots.
"IT professionals are always looking for ways to make their jobs more efficient and this new multi-drive duplicator allows them to accomplish just that," commented StarTech.com Senior Product Manager, Carey Cline. "The ability to perform a sector by sector duplication on up to three drives simultaneously, frees up the user's time to perform other functions while the back-ups are created in the background. The fact it acts as a standalone unit also means it doesn't use up resources on their computer system."
The duplicator dock can also be used as an external 4-bay hard drive dock, connected through either USB 3.0 or eSATA, providing an easy way to add and remove bare external hard drives from a computer system.
Other features and benefits of the Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SATDOCK4U3RE) include:
- Up to 72 MBps data transfer rates between drives, when used for hard drive duplication
- Up to 5Gbps or 3Gbps data transfer rates (connected through USB 3.0 or eSATA, respectively), when utilized as an external drive docking station
- Secure Erase feature simplifies erasing/wiping drive contents for further cloning use or disposal of a hard drive
- Dual 60mm cooling fans mounted beneath the drives help to keep docked hard drives at optimal operating temperatures
- Supports 2.5" or 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDDs) or Solid State Drives (SSDs)
- Integrated LCD displays duplication progress and duplicator options menu
- Included SATA to IDE adapter enables users to dock an IDE hard drive in place of a SATA hard drive in one of the four bays, making it possible to copy the contents of an IDE hard drive onto three SATA drives where necessary, when IDE drive is used in source slot
The USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) is available for purchase from leading technology resellers including CDW, Newegg.com, Amazon.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will also be distributed by Ingram Micro, Tech Data, D&H and SYNNEX. MSRP for this product is $499.99 USD in the United States and $514.99 CDN in Canada.
Get notified when we go live!