Get your holo's while they're hot
Subject: Storage | December 5, 2005 - 03:22 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
HVDs, aka Holographic Video Discs may be available by 2006. With HD and Blu Ray fighting it out right now, what will happen to standards when you can buy a differnet type of disk that holds 100's of gigs of storage? CoolTechZone shares their thoughts on what that could mean, check it out here.
"It wasn't too long ago when Holographic storage was the stuff legends were made off. It discussed how a single DVD sized disc would be able to hold over 1TB of data. Well, we were apparently all wrong. Holographic display is scheduled to debut sometime in 2006 and this poses a host of interesting questions."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Transcend 40GB StoreJet 2.5 Portable HDD Review @ Bjorn3D
- 500GB Hard Drive Review: Hitachi vs. Seagate @ hardCOREware
- Kingston 15-in-1 Flash Memory Reader Review @ Legit Reviews
- Spire GigaPod III External Drive Enclosure Review @ MVKTech
- Crucial Gizmo 2GB Flash Drive Review @ techniz.co.uk
Get notified when we go live!