Forgot to back up you files, here's 3 tools to help
Subject: Storage | August 22, 2006 - 10:28 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Nothing gets your heart racing like a hard drive dying, when the latest backup you did was ... you didn't do a back up?!?
ExtremeTech reviews 3 programs designed to help you get your files back, if the horrible happens.
"Of course, prevention (in this case read "backup") is the best medicine when it comes to lost files,
whether as a result of disk malfunctions or your mistakenly deleting them. But for those of us with
less foresight, there's utility software that can save our skins when it comes disappeared files.
Today, we investigate three leading software products that claim to be able to find and recover files
you've deleted or lost to a bad disk drive or media: iolo technologies' Search and Recover 4,
Executive Software's Undelete 5, and Digital Photo Recovery 2.0.3 from Galaxy."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Plextor Shock Proof Portable Hard Drive Review - Destruction Inside! @ BCCHardware
- Silverstone FP34 3.5" Card Reader Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- Icy Dock MB452 Drive Enclosure Review @ XYZ Computing
- PQI U510 Card
Drive @ Hardware Zone
- ICY DOCK
MB122 Internal Drive Rack Review @ hi-techreviews
Mirrorbox 32-in-1 Card Reader @ Techgage
- ICY DOCK MB122
Removable HDD Enclosure @ Rbmods
- Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition External Hard Disk Drive @ X-bit Labs
- Hitachi Travelstar 7K100 Hard Disk Drive @ X-bit Labs
- Fujitsu MHV2120BH 2.5" Hard Disk Drive @ X-bit Labs
- 3ware 9500S-8 SATA RAID Controller @ X-bit Labs
Get notified when we go live!