Drobo Improves Storage with new App-Driven Delivery
Subject: Storage | August 24, 2011 - 10:03 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: drobo, SAS, BeyondRAID
SAN JOSE, Calif. – August 24, 2011 – Drobo, makers of award-winning data storage products for businesses and professionals, today introduced a new Drobo for business solution, the Drobo B1200i, which features technological breakthroughs and an unprecedented combination of automation, affordability and application awareness for the small and medium business (SMB) market.
The new 12-bay Drobo provides business customers with a unique storage solution for VMware, Microsoft Exchange and other business applications – offering advanced and sophisticated capabilities for customers without large enterprise budgets or deep storage expertise. The new Drobo takes an application-driven approach to storage, cutting cost and complexity while automating modern data protection, capacity planning and application performance.
The new Drobo B1200i builds on Drobo’s track record of providing “Small Box, Big Storage” by delivering a solution that is uniquely:
- Automated BeyondRAID™ technology optimizes advanced data protection without the need for specific storage expertise or configuration
- Automated thin provisioning and reclamation delivers enterprise-class expandability and storage utilization features in a simplified, automated manner
- New, automated data-aware tiering solves performance tuning issues that have traditionally taken storage administrators weeks or months to address
- Adjusts in real-time to changes in application workload, without the need for user or admin intervention and tuning
- Uniquely utilizes SSD technology in the same pool as conventional disk drives to accelerate the most demanding operations – automatically, based on application workload Affordable
- Available at prices starting under $10,000 for 12 TB of SAS storage
- The most efficient and cost-effective way to utilize SSD technology – unlike traditional tiering or SSD solutions, Drobo allows customers to incrementally add SSD drives in the same box and in the same storage pool as traditional media – resulting in optimal price-performance
- Designed, like all Drobos, to be the easiest to use and most automated product in the market, resulting in reduced configuration and tuning time, and lower operating costs
- B1200i Overview: http://info.drobo.com/resources/b1200i
- The Automated Tiering Experience: http://www.drobo.com/resources/tiering.php
- Drobo for Business: http://www.drobo.com/products/drobosanbusiness.php
The new Drobo 12-Bay iSCSI SAN storage for business model B1200i is available now for purchase at http://www.Drobo.com and through select partners and resellers.