Not your everyday Ivy Bridge-E review
Subject: Processors | September 3, 2013 - 02:43 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: 4960x, core i7-4960x, i7-4960X, Intel, Ivy Bridge-E, lga 2011, x79
You won't see the release of Intel's new processor as being described as "fascinating as whatever was happening with that rancher dude in Wyoming with the chickens and the laser pointer", you will have to head to The Tech Report to enjoy that type of comment. Nor will you finally learn that 5% of people who buy this chip "Need more knobs for extreme overclocking."; unfortunately he is probably right on the money as there are very few reasons to upgrade from Sandy Bridge-E to IVB-E. Stick your tongue in your cheek and read the usual benchmarks delivered a few percentage points faster than the last generation.
The truly masochistic can immediately follow that up with Ryan's review here.
"The NSA intercepted our review of the Core i7-4960X before we even had it completed. Let's listen in and see what they made of it."
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- Intel Core i7 4960X Review @ OCC
- Intel Core i7 4960X @ AnandTech
- Intel Core i7 4960X Ivy Bridge Extreme Processor Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Intel i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E @ LanOC Reviews
- Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition @ Bjorn3D
- Intel i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Intel Core i7 4960X, 4930K and 4820K tested @ Hardware.Info
- Intel Core i7 4960X EE CPU / Asus X79-Deluxe Motherboard @ Kitguru
- Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition @ Legion Hardware
- Intel Core i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E Review: New flagship, old flagship @ Techspot
Get notified when we go live!