Look at the AMD overclocking results, not the Intel Developers Forum
Subject: Processors | September 13, 2011 - 02:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: overclocking, amd fx, bulldozer
Although the record was set a few weeks ago, we didn't have a chance to see it until today. A group of overclockers pushed a new AMD FX 8150 Bulldozer chip up to 8.429GHz which breaks the old record for highest CPU frequency set with a Celeron 352. You need liquid helium to manage this so do not expect to see that kind of result with air cooling. If you check out [H]ard|OCP 's video coverage you will see the performance of water, phase change and LN2 with the FX8150, though you probably know about it already since you have watched Ryan's coverage.
"If you are wondering how well the new AMD FX CPU will overclock, you are not alone. AMD let us have some behind-the-scenes access a couple of weeks ago and is now allowing us to show off the results. We shot a lot of video and show you AMD FX overclocking on water, phase change, and liquid nitrogen."
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- AMD FX-8150 'Bulldozer' Hits 8.4GHz and Breaks Overclocking World Record @ Legit Reviews
- AMD Bulldozer CPU Sets Overclocking World Record 8.429Ghz @ TechwareLabs
- Bulldozer Overclocked @ Bjorn3D
- MD FX Bulldozer Breaks CPU Frequency World Record @ Overclockers.com
- AMD Bulldozer Overclocking Event Coverage @ Neoseeker
- CPU Performance Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Intel's New SNB Acceleration Architecture Still Maturing @ Phoronix
- Intel Celeron G540 and Celeron G440 @ X-bit Labs
- Intel Sandy Bridge Acceleration On Non-SNB Hardware @ Phoronix
- Intel Core i3 2120 @ Phoronix
- Intel Core i5-2405S @ OC3D
- All Core i3 Models @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!