A 71 CPU 2011 round up (the year, not the socket)
Subject: Processors | January 30, 2012 - 09:51 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Intel, amd, sandybridge, llano, bulldozer, Sandy Bridge E
If you are looking for a quick way to contrast the processors that were released this year then iXBT Labs has a review for you. They've added their CPU/APU reviews for the past year together and compiled some rather lengthy charts which reflect the comparative performance of a few older chips as well as the majority of chips released this year. Both Intel and AMD desktop and server chips are included, mobile users will need to look elsewhere to compare chips designed specifically for laptops. Their benchmarks range from 3D modelling to 3D gaming as well as compression, office suites and raster graphics processing so no matter what purpose you will be putting these chips to you should be able to get an idea what chips to be on the look out for.
Told you it was big, visit iXBT Labs if you want the readable version.
"The year 2011 has ended, so it's high time to sum up the results and see the general picture. If you're looking to upgrade, we hope this will make choosing a processor easier."
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- The AMD FX (Bulldozer) Scheduling Hotfixes Tested @ AnandTech
- Intel Core i7-3930K vs Core i7-3820 vs FX-8150 vs 990X vs 2700K Review @ HardwareHeaven
- AMD Llano A8-3870K APU Review @ TechwareLabs
- AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0 GHz Quad Core APU Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- AMD A6 3500 triple core APU @ Guru of 3D
- AMD A8-3870K CPU Review @ Neoseeker
- CPU Performance Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz Processor w/Turbo Boost Technology Long Term Review @ ModSynergy