The suave looking MSI Z87 MPOWER
Subject: Motherboards | October 28, 2013 - 02:27 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Z87 MPOWER, widi, msi, lga 1150
The Z87 MPOWER that [H]ard|OCP just reviewed is great at wireless connectivity, including WiFi, BlueTooth and WiDi as well. It is no slouch on wired connectivity either with 8 available SATA 6Gbps port and a similar number of USB 3.0 ports but what is relatively rare is onboard support for 3 displays. Those features help sell it as a base for an HTPC but you can also make it a powerful gaming machine as it can handle 3-Way CrossfireX and 2-Way SLI as well as sporting Lucid’s VirtuMVP 2.0. There were some issues with MSI's bundled software utilities but the physical board its self performed well enough to pick up a Silver Award; check out the full review to see the board in action.
If you missed Morry's review of this board you should definitely go back and read it.
"The "M" series motherboards from MSI have gained a lot of recognition recently being an upper quality not-so-high-priced motherboard for the computer hardware enthusiast. However while MSI brings us some of the best hardware you’ll find on the current market seemingly goes a bit off course with firmware and software."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H LGA 1150 Motherboard @ Custom PC Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Review @ OCC
- Gigabyte Z87-D3HP @ eTeknix
- MSI Z87 XPower @ Legion Hardware
- ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini-ITX Motherboard @ Custom PC Review
- Gigabyte Z87M-D3H Review @ HCW
- ASUS P9X79-E WS Workstation Motherboard Review @ Techgage
- ASUS Maximus VI Impact @ Hardware.info
- MSI X79-GD45 Plus @ Kitguru
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Errata 94 Option @ TechARP
- ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ @ Kitguru
Get notified when we go live!