A powerful and relatively inexpensive P67 board from ASUS, meet the P8P67 vanilla edition
Subject: Motherboards | June 17, 2011 - 11:58 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: p67, asus, sandy bridge
[H]ard|OCP just finished reviewing the ASUS P8P67 Rev. 3 board, a fairly plain Sandy Bridge board that still manages to include a great mix of features. The price of $160 demonstrates that this is by no means a high end SandyBridge board but looking at the feature set it self it is hard to tell. ASUS included a UEFI BIOS, Bluetooth, four USB 3 ports and four SATA 6GB/s ports which match the offerings of higher end boards. It is the slots where you will notice at least some deficits such as the single full speed PCIe 16x slot, the other runs a 4x. Those who do not overclock might encounter a nice surprise, it seems ASUS is up to its old tricks with Intel's Turbo Mode. Where once ASUS tended to bump the FSB 1MHz or more above the stated speed, it looks as if ASUS bumps the Turbo Mode speed up a bit on Sandy Bridge CPUs.
"ASUS' P67 chipset product portfolio can get fairly confusing at times with the slew of "P8P67" models. This time we are taking a look at the "vanilla" P8P67. Though you could say its vanilla with a lot of twists as this board offers a "B3" stepping version of the supporting chipset and sports a very solid feature set for "vanilla.""
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Gigabyte G1.Assassin Review @ OCC
- Asus K53SV: Sandy Bridge for the Masses @ InsideHW
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Socket 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard Review @ eTeknix
- GIGABYTE X58A-OC LGA1366 Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Neoseeker's ASUS UEFI BIOS Review @ Neoseeker
- NVIDIA NF200 x16/x16 vs. Intel x8/x8 P67 Performance Analysis @ Tweaktown
- MSI 990FXA-GD80 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Desktop Llano Motherboards: The ASRock A75 Extreme6 Preview @ AnandTech
- Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ECS HDC-I Review @ Neoseeker
- ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ @ techPowerUp
- ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe mITX Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
- GIGABYTE A75-UD4H @ Tweaktown
Get notified when we go live!