The new MSI GD65, this time in Z77 flavour
Subject: Motherboards | May 16, 2012 - 10:36 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: msi, z77a-gd65, lga1155
MSI's Z77A-GD65 comes with a nice set features including THX TruStudio PRO, Lucid’s VirtuMVP, active phase switching, and HDMI 1.4 along with support for both SLI and CrossFireX. It supports PCIe 3.0 on its three 16x slots, running 8x, 4x, 4x or 8x, 8x, 0x which should still offer enough bandwidth for multiple GPU based systems. Overclocking Ivy Bridge on this board was not difficult, ignoring the voltage and heat issues common to all Ivy Bridge processors and overall [H]ard|OCP has found the Z77 to be one of the better designed chipsets recently released and like that it doesn't exhibit the growing pains many others have felt on initial release. MSI took that solid design and pushed it further, something we've come to expect from their GD65 series motherboards.
"MSI has been on a roll with its motherboards as of late. It’s because of this that our expectations for MSI’s foray into the world of Z77 chipset based motherboards are so high. MSI’s "GD65" series of motherboards have been an especially solid value and the Z77A-GD65 looks to be no different."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Gigabyte address Z77X-UD5H @ Kitguru
- ASRock Z77 Professional Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- MSI Z77A-GD65 (Z77) Motherboard Review @ eTeknix
- ECS Z77H2-AX Black Extreme Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- Intel DZ77GA-70K Motherboard Components @ Benchmark Reviews
- Gigabyte Z77-D3H (Z77) Motherboard Review @ eTeknix
- Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H @ Funkykit
- A First Look at Thunderbolt on Windows with MSI's Z77A-GD80 @ AnandTech
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe @ AnandTech
- ECS Z77H2-AX Golden Edition Review @ OCC
- Intel Z77 Motherboard Review with Ivy Bridge - ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI @ AnandTech
- ECS X79R-AX Deluxe Review @ Neoseeker
- BIOS Option Of The Week - CPU Direct Access FB @ TechARP
- Gigabyte Sniper M3 Review @ Bjorn3D
- Gigabyte A75M-D2H and A75-UD4H Motherboard Review @ OCC
Get notified when we go live!