nFORCE 590 SLI and Core 2 Duo, together at last
Subject: Motherboards | October 23, 2006 - 11:49 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The Tech Report is pinching themselves, just to make sure they really do see a 590 SLI for Conroe. The previous nForce, the 570 SLI was not really anything to get excited about, it was essentially an nForce4 board. Now they have their hands on ASUS' P5N32-SLI, so drop by to see how this implementation worked.
"ALTHOUGH THE nForce 590 SLI chipset for Athlon 64 processors was launched in step with AMD's Socket AM2, Nvidia has taken its sweet time
bringing the nForce 590 to Intel processors. The chipset was nowhere to be found when Intel unveiled its Core 2 Duo back in July, and
although the 590 SLI was scheduled to eventually appear in August, Nvidia delayed that launch twice and eventually scrubbed it altogether.
These delays sent the rumor mills spinning, but more importantly, they left Nvidia without a true next-generation chipset for Intel's new
Now, more than a month and a half after its last aborted launch, the nForce 590 SLI for Intel processors is finally ready for prime time.
The chipset has arrived in style, too, riding an Asus P5N32-SLI Premium motherboard that's bursting at the seams with all the perks and
extras you'd expect from a high-end mobo. What's more, the P5N32-SLI Premium is already available on store shelves."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Sapphire Pure Crossfire AM2
motherboard @ Neoseeker
- Foxconn 975X7AB @ LostCircuits
- Intel P965: Mid-Range Performance Sector Roundup @
- 3 New BIOS Features Posted @ TechARP
- Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 -
Overclockers Board @ BCCHardware
- ECS P965T-A Rev1.0B Motherboard @ Futurelooks
- Guide to BIOS
Functions and Firmware Flashing @ Technibble
- Foxconn 975X7AB Core 2 Duo Mobo @ HEXUS
- ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A (NVIDIA nForce
570 SLI Intel Edition - Core 2 Ready) @ Hardware Zone
- ASUS M2R32 MVP Crossfire @ motherboards.org
- Foxconn 975X7AB - 8EKRS2H @ Overclockers
- Asrock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- FOXCONN 975X7AB-8EKRS2H (LGA775)
Motherboard Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe @
Get notified when we go live!