A midrange board for the experienced; the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
Subject: Motherboards | June 3, 2014 - 04:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gigabyte, Intel Z97, Z97X-UD5H
Gigabyte's Z97X-UD5H might be sitting in the sweet spot for those looking for a Z97 board, at $190 it is in line with the price the previous models launched at. You can also pick up it's brother the Z97X-UD5H-BK which has undergone a week long stress test; however Gigabyte is charging an almost $50 extra for the Black Edition. There are three PCIe 3.0 slots which can run x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0 or x8/x4/x4, M.2 and SATAe ports though using the M.2 will disable the dual 6Gbps SATA ports. From the testing done at The Tech Report this is not a board for beginners, there are some rough edges which an experienced user will easily overcome but for a less experienced system builder they may lead to a negative experience. Check out the benchmarks and full review here.
"Another Z97 motherboard has worked its way through our test suite. Today, we take a detailed look at Gigabyte's Z97X-UD5H, which is loaded with PCIe x16 slots, next-gen storage interfaces, and a high-definition firmware interface."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI Z97 XPOWER AC Motherboard Review @HiTech Legion
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X KILLER @ techPowerUp
- ASUS Z97-DELUXE NFC & WLC (Intel LGA 1150) @ techPowerUp
- ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Review @ OCC
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Maximus VII Ranger Z97 @ eTeknix
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 @ eTeknix
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 @ Kitguru
- Haswell Refresh: Intel's New Z97 Platform Explored @ Legion Hardware
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer @ kitguru
- MSI's Z97 Gaming 7 @ The Tech Report
- ECS L337 GANK Drone Z87H3-A3X Review @ OCC
- ECS Z87H3-A2X Golden Motherboard Review @ Modders-Inc
- ASUS A88X-Pro FM2+ Motherboard Review @ Modders-Inc
- MSI A88X-G45 Gaming @ Kitguru
- MSI B85M Gaming Motherboard Review @ Hardware Asylum
Get notified when we go live!