The higher end of the 890FX chipset
Subject: Motherboards | September 16, 2010 - 10:54 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The MSI 890FXA-G70 that Josh just finished reviewing represents the evolution of this chipset over time. Originally lauded as a big step up for AMD whose last chipset was none too impressive, motherboard makers have continued to add features to boards based on this chipset. This is fairly expensive for an AMD motherboard but after you read the review you will understand why.
"Overall it is an excellent board at a very competitive price.
MSI did a very nice job on this one, and I am seriously considering
using this particular board as the basis for upgrading my primary
machine (it is running one of the first 790FX AM2+ motherboards with
the not-so-impressive SB600 southbridge). So with that particular
recommendation, it is a no brainer that it receives the Gold Award
from PCPer.com. "
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
TA890FXE @ iXBT Labs
- ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 Socket AM3 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 AMD 890GX Socket AM3 Motherboard Review @ ThinkComputers
- MSI 870A Fuzion A and N-Mode Testing w/ R5870 Lightning & N465GTX Twin Frozr @
TA890FXE @ OC3D
- Sapphire PC-AM3RS890G AMD Socket AM3 @ alienbabeltech
- MSI 870A Fuzion Motherboard
Review @ OCIA
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Watch
Dog Timer Select @ Tech ARP
P7H55D-M Evo @ Modders-Inc
- ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe Motherboard Review @ EXTREME Overclocking
P7F7-E WS SuperComputer @ Overclockers.com
- Asus Rampage
III Gene Motherboard Review @ ITShootOut
Get notified when we go live!