The backwards compatible 990FX has arrived; before the AM3+ chips even
Subject: Motherboards | May 30, 2011 - 09:44 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: am3+, 990fx, amd
Hi Tech Legion has published their review of the ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX, the new AM3+ chipset from AMD. While it is intended for the upcoming Bulldozer chips it is compatible with AM3 chips like the Phenom II X6 1090T they used to test. It has three PCIe 2.0 x16 slots and two PCIe slots, one a x4 slot and one a 1x and even a legacy PCI slot. The SB950 South Bridge supports six SATA 6Gb/s ports with RAID 0,1,5,10 and AMD's Asmedia USB 3.0 controller offers six USB 3.0 ports. Audio is handled by the upremeFX X-Fi 2 and there are a host of other features available which you can read about in the full review.
Also keep an eye out on our front page, as Josh is finishing up his review as well.
"The ASUS Crosshair V Formula is an AM3+ motherboard from the Republic of Gamers lineup. The Crosshair V Formula is designed for hardcore gamers and overclockers who want the best and latest AM3+ motherboard. The ASUS Crosshair V Formula ROG motherboard is equipped with the 990FX/SB950 chipset, featuring native SATA 6Gb/s support and full compatibility with upcoming Bulldozer based 32nm AMD processors. For additional high-speed connectivity, the ASUS Crosshair V Formula is also equipped with an Asmedia USB 3.0 controller, boasting superior performance over the NEC USB 3.0 controller prevalent among the latest motherboards in the market. As with all the recent ROG-series boards, the ASUS Crosshair V Formula is powered by the Extreme Engine DIGI+ design, providing highly efficient and superior power delivery on the AM3+ platform."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS RoG Crosshair V Formula (990FX) and MSI 990FXA-GD80 - AMD 990FX Launch Review @ HardwareHeaven
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX Motherboard Review @ OCC
- Biostar TA880GB+ Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Asus Crosshair IV Formula @ hardCOREware
- BIOS Option Of The Week - SDRAM Bank-to-Bank Delay @ Tech ARP
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology 10.5.0.1027 with SRT Support @ NGOHQ
- Intel Smart Response Technology w/ ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Review @Hi Tech Legion
- GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- The Virtu Question: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 @ PCSTATS
- Foxconn P67 Rattler @ OC3D
- GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3 @ TweakTown
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 @ Overclockers.com
- Intel P67 Roundup: ASUS, GIGABYTE, Intel & MSI @ Techgage
- GIGABYTE P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
Get notified when we go live!