You seen the processor, now check out the socket FM1 motherboards
Subject: Motherboards | June 30, 2011 - 01:56 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: fm1, llano, ASUS F1A75-M Pro, amd, a8-3850, lynx
Along with the arrival of the A series of Llano processors comes socket FM1 motherboards and the AMD A75 FCH (Hudson D3) chipset. Legit Reviews focused on the ASUS F1A75-M Pro motherboard, which supports dual channel RAM and has three PCIe slots, a 16x, a 4x and a 1x as well as six SATA 6Gb/s ports which support Raid 0, 1, 10, and JBOD configurations. It also puts the new UEFI BIOS to good use, if you didn't know you were looking at a BIOS you wouldn't recognize it as one. At a price of $120, this would allow you to pick up an A8-3850 and this motherboard for about the same price as a Core i5 2500k without the motherboard. Not too shabby.
"Where the ASUS F1A75-M Pro truly excelled today was the performance of the integrated graphics. Every one of our graphics tests that we compared the Intel HD Graphics 3000 to the AMD A8-3850 with AMD Radeon HD 6550D there was a clear and decisive winner. For our recap of the graphics performance let's start with Total War: Shogun 2 in DirectX 9 mode. The ASUS F1A75-M Pro was able to pull out an average that was 143.4% faster than the Intel system at a resolution of 1280x1024..."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASRock A75 Extreme6 Review and Desktop Llano Overclocking @ AnandTech
- Llano motherboards from Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI @ The Tech Report
- Asus F1A75-M Pro Llano Motherboard Review @ eTeknix
- ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z @ OC3D
- Asus K53SV-A1 Review @ TechReviewSource
- ASUS P8Z68-V Pro @ iXBT Labs
- Asus' P8H67-I Deluxe Mini-ITX @ The Tech Report
- Asrock Z68 Pro3-M Socket 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- Gigabyte A75M-UD2H Motherboard First Look Preview @ eTeknix
- Biostar TZ68A+ LGA1155 @ techPowerUp
Get notified when we go live!