Video Perspective: MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt for under $160

Subject: Motherboards | December 29, 2012 - 05:15 PM |
Tagged: z77a-g45 thunderbolt, Z77, video, thunderbolt, msi

If you are interested in joining in on the wave of Thunderbolt accessories coming out in 2013 you might want to learn about the new MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt motherboard.  This new board promises to be the least expensive option with an integrated Thunderbolt port while also offering a great overclocking and feature set very similar to that of the MSI Z77A-GD80.

You can pick it up at Newegg.com today for $159!

Check out our video overview!

PS - Let us know if you have any comments on the new video player / configuration!!

December 29, 2012 | 05:44 PM - Posted by PapaDragon

Excellent board for the money! and the player works fine, I like that it has the options to set the video quality.

December 29, 2012 | 05:46 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Good quality?  Fast loading?

Crappy HWLB ad?  :)

December 29, 2012 | 06:03 PM - Posted by PapaDragon

Quality is good, but a bit compressed even at 720p(little blocks of artifacts ). The live steam podcast looks better though. The loading is fast and I don't mind the Ad, its all good!

December 29, 2012 | 06:34 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

We currently have the bit rate break down as 3mb, 1.5mb, 900kb, 500kb for the 1080p, 720p, 480p and 360p resolutions.

December 29, 2012 | 06:01 PM - Posted by Nilbog

Oooh i love the new player. It looks really good.
Fast loading. Used all available bandwidth to buffer it quickly.
Good video quality
I love the ad for the HWLB too!

December 29, 2012 | 06:07 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Great, thanks!

We are experimenting with a new player that allows us to bring in more relevant ads on our video content rather than movie trailers and YouTube series promos.

December 29, 2012 | 08:02 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Thanks, you may see more ads for and changes to the HWLB in 2013.

December 29, 2012 | 06:43 PM - Posted by Ss2 (not verified)

Worked nicely on my galaxy nexus

December 29, 2012 | 10:00 PM - Posted by Yunk3r (not verified)

Video player is good. The one problem is that you cannot adjust the volume in the ad which is kinda of annoying.
P.S.
Go Cards

December 30, 2012 | 05:42 AM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

There is a mute though right?

And I should delete your damn comment now... :)

December 30, 2012 | 07:14 AM - Posted by jtiger102

Great quality on the video. I watched the 1080p version. You could see some slight compression artifacts, mainly when looking at the dark table. But, great quality overall!

I didn't see any ads.

Keep up the good work.

December 30, 2012 | 08:08 AM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Hmm, no ad for the HWLB?  Odd.  What browser were you watching in?

December 30, 2012 | 09:41 PM - Posted by jtiger102

Apologies.

I had AdBlock enabled. I actually forgot it was even installed.
I have uninstalled AdBlock and I do see the ads now.
I am using Chrome for what it's worth.

December 31, 2012 | 06:15 AM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Great, thanks!  Make sure you put in a rule to allow ads from pcper.com so you can support our writers!

December 30, 2012 | 09:28 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

The new player works great - hope it will used for the live stream too.

No ads here either (Firefox 17.1)
but also use No-Script and ABP :)

December 30, 2012 | 05:16 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Well that would be why...

Try not to be a butthead everyone and support our writers by enabling ads on our site!!

December 31, 2012 | 10:35 AM - Posted by HvyMetal52 (not verified)

I've noticed that the accessories are getting less and less. Six SATA connections and only two cables? Really?

January 1, 2013 | 12:00 PM - Posted by tindo

the new player is fine, like that there is a 1080p option

January 1, 2013 | 01:45 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Cool, thanks!

January 1, 2013 | 01:04 PM - Posted by Freshie

Love the video over view. I'm look at new build and I want it to have thunderbolt, this opens up the build in other areas from pricing.

Also the new player was good.

January 1, 2013 | 01:46 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

It's nice to have options in different price ranges, for sure.

Thanks for feedback on the video player!