Two different takes on the 890GX
Subject: Motherboards | July 27, 2010 - 02:42 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Though they are based on the same chipset, the Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H and ASRock 890GX Extreme3 do have differences. The Gigabyte board is a member of the Power of 3 family, so it sports USB 3, S-ATA 3 and USB Power 3x as well as a pair of PCIe 16x slots. The ASRock also has threes, advertising USB 3.0, SATA 3 and e-SATA 3 (even though the later pair are the same) and three PCIe 16x slots. ASRock also decided to drop IDE completely from the board and you can also spot differences on the back panels. Take a peek at MektuMods for the full details.
"Two motherboards with AMD's 890GX chipset goes head to head to see which one takes the top spot."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS Crosshair IV Formula 890FX Chipset Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- BIOS Option Of The Week - 2T Command @ TechARP
- Gigabyte P55 USB3 @ Funky Kit
- Gigabyte X58A-UD9 @ Legion Hardware
- MSI Big Bang XPOWER Motherboard @ TechwareLabs
- SUS Rampage III Gene @ Tweaktown
- MSI Big Bang XPower Intel X58 Motherboard Review @ OCIA
Get notified when we go live!